Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Lookey Likey --- Books, books, books...#2

Some books I recently read and liked: 

Assassin's Heart --- by Monica Burns
There is at least one book before this one, yet it stands up just fine on its own. I really enjoyed this story. The characters are compelling and I care about them. Now, I'll have to read the first book in the series--and gladly so.

The Prince of Val-Feyridge --- by Helen Johannes
I'm not the kind of reader to return to a book and reread passages, but with this book I did just that. I LOVE this story. I thought about it for days afterward. 

On Writing --- Stephen King
Sound examples, straightforward advice and encouraging words.   

The Pirate Primer --- George Choundas 
This must have been a labor of love, and it shows. Everything you might want to know about pirate-talk. I've used this for reference on my sexy space pirate project and probably will again! Nouns, adjectives, curses, ship terms, pronunciations, you name it. My favorite part is the large selection of impressive threats. Check it out!




No comments:

Post a Comment