Saturday, March 1, 2014

Books I like #14

Sparks by Susan Connell

SparksSparks by Susan Connell
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

A fun detective romp...
This was an enjoyable, fast read. Detective Steve has to play psychic for a majority of this undercover stint, and he's probably the cutest psychic around AC--he's certainly not the most talented, especially when it comes to guessing Erin's secret. Love the chemistry between Erin and Steve. I even wish there had been more romping around, but maybe this isn't the last we see of them? ;) I hope...

Secondary characters Zoe, Nickie, Leon and even Nigel have their moments, and help to shape the main story and major dilemna: protecting two gals (one with a double life) while catching two thugs (one who happens to be a relative of both gals). I wouldn't say this story is a thriller or a mystery. The objectives and high stakes are pretty much straight forward. It's more of a detective romance: lots of wit, noir moments, a bit of bump and grind, and many sparks. Enjoyed it!

--G.P. (Kara via Gonilu Press)
I only post reviews on books I like. I found "Sparks" entertaining and enjoyable.

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. Everyone is crazzy for playing online games and want to get perfect link for playing games on PC. You can free pc download games from searchengineloud.com and it gives you full version of PC games. You can easily download pc games free full version with crack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. QUANTUM BINARY SIGNALS

    Professional trading signals delivered to your cell phone every day.

    Start following our signals right now & make up to 270% per day.

    ReplyDelete