Friday, October 24, 2014

Books I like #15

Here are some of the books I like.

The Messenger by Lois Lowry. Oh well, I read them out of order. Read this one, then saw the "The Giver" movie, and just swooped up the second book. Yeah, a scrambled mess I made of my reading experience. But the nice thing is they hold up just fine out of order. So... Onward to "Son." This series is geared toward middle school; all are fast, but entertaining, reads.

Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn. Yes, there's a pattern here. I like to squeeze in books before I see their movie adaptations or immediately afterward. Gone Girl did not disappoint. I LOVED this book, and the movie. As a writer I strive to plot like this. A writer who can keep me guessing until the end, who can throw curveballs and surprises, has my devotion forever. I swooped up her other books so...

Dark Places by Gillian Flynn. Just...Amazing! This book is so brutal and yet, so real. It's MC makes no apologies. Gusty prose. This one also kept me guessing; I only had it half-figured out. Several weeks later, I'm still thinking about Libby Day and all the other characters.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment